Monday, September 10, 2012

No God, just good orderly direction


Comment to Jess in my mind:

Your search is just beginning in the right direction. Many more concepts yet to come. Your title from a few days ago really applies ("Oh, The Places You’ll Go!").  Note that religions are not logical and many do not even understand there own history.

Places you will go Burning Man http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ahv_1IS7SiE 

Sorry, but I may get preachy.

Religion had purpose when the average life span was short. It was a quick way of teaching right from wrong, to get the young started out right, when the elders knew they were not likely to be around long. All that has changed. Now we need to understand the cause, the why, and much more. Our world has changed so dramatically. When I left high school, the job I have done for the last 30 years did not exist in this area. Now it is essentially being replaced by the computer programs.

Fueling our brains is critical. We humans are a two fuel organism, glucose from carbohydrates or keytones from fat. We can make the little bit of glucose we need from proteins. My brain on keytones works so much better, clear, and no cravings. The compulsion is still there, but the cravings are gone. For a frequent dose of food education, I suggest Jimmy Moore's contacts http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/ although some of them are questionable, there is a lot of information mixed in.  Volek and Phinney are worth a listen. So is Tarman. http://www.marksdailyapple.com is also good information but foodie. So much good information and so much crap about food on the net. Ketonic diet is the key for me.

On the spiritual side, I read Buddhism, for a while and mediated in several different styles for a bit. Micheal Browns, the presence process clarified all that. It is process. Eckhart Tolle, Now, and clarified much of my current beliefs, which I expect to keep changing.

The world remains 3/4 nuts, and the dysfunctional remain dysfunctional. Government looks out for government, and the economy, big business, and the medical community, not the people. We are on our own, to find our own way any way we can. Government is losing control now, thanks to the internet. The information gatekeepers are being bypassed. We are on the leading edge of the next revolution where people are free to think, write and explore new ideas, but we still need to make a living.

Tolle, in one of his youtube things, states that he thinks the there is a new level of evolution coming, a new awareness. I thing it has always been here, but only with time and awareness, and the willingness to explore spirituality-concepts-ideas-philosophy-personality, the non real world, but the mind drives the real world, so this is the part that drives the real world, drive us.

I think studying and writing about these spiritual concepts, at a human level, is a wonderful pursuit. Too many of the current authors start "down the rabbit hole" and get lost in their accumulation of knowledge, to be effective for those just starting the search. "Ah, but the things we will see", so glorious and grotesque, the wonders and frights, real and surreal, imaginary and physical.  I digress.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahv_1IS7SiE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey fred,

Great entry! Though I personally believe religion is a mix of many factors coming together to evolve it into existence--including human innovation, the mind's desire to have answers to explain the ineffable, the limitations we could observe at any given time, and the creation of interdependence in civilization--I appreciate your view. I consider it a factor, too, that lifespan did require the awareness that children needed indoctrination when they were open to it.

My most recent religious affiliation would be considered Therevada Buddhism. People never understood what I meant, though, so "agnostic" became easier. My problem was whenever GOD got brought up, I defaulted to my conditioning, with the knowledge of an adult to make me feel despair instead of hope.

And I also agree that the intellectual search, to open the mind, can open it so far that one becomes confused and has less direction than before. That, I think is where I also agree with you--experiential learning is necessary to complete the learning cycle. It's like the scientific method used properly: Someone comes up with an idea and follows it through with an observational experiment. It's my responsibility, then, to see if it can be replicated.

As for God, I had an insight yesterday which I will be blogging today. Program uses a lot of acronyms and slogans. I realized, for me, GOD is Guidance on Demand. How do I get the guidance? Well, HOW, actually--honesty, openness, willingness. And to do that? I look at the experience, strength, and hope of people who have come before and who share it now. In using the vast knowledge gained through the experience, strength, and hope of those who have found recovery and serenity, in this I can find God without God--by turning to the wisdom and intelligence of humanity as it was evolved by people to succeed and survive through intelligence, despite our physical limitations.