Monday, March 5, 2012

Psychic Change

In AA BB xxvii,

"Once a psychic change has occurred, the very same person who seemed doomed, who had so many problems he despaired of ever solving them, suddenly finds himself easily able to control his desires. "

That is exactly what has happened, but it is not yet enough. Some days are good, others less so. We have so many more methods then they had in the 30, yet god is all that is offered.

When I look back at the path that I have come, It is apparent to me that the program has been the guide, but the details, the big changes, and not found in the OA and AA books. I think I should list some of the big events that have impacted me, and just how these items have effected me.

Gabor Maté: makes the statement that imprinted reaction and implied memory is the way we learn as children. Micheal Brown shows us how to integrate those from the unconscious to the conscious memory. Are those memory errors worth noting or just the process. It is the first time through life, and we do not know the way just as the pinball. Each morning we get shot into the track again. What will the day bring?

In historical time people: enjoyed rest, but had to work (exercise) to get through the day. They craved fat, sugar and salt but had to eat wild foods... according to some professor.

I personally never have craved fat or salt, but sugar, carbohydrates, dairy products, strongly. I know that this is dopamine, serotonin and opioid addiction, insulin storing fat, causing hunger; hyperinsulinemia, and psychological cravings, all of which I must resist.  

No comments: