Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So What is God?

In the OA program, I need a clear concept of god. God is a concept, to start with; hence, has no form, no sex, can do nothing. I includes all things outside of my self and in myself, of which I have no control over, do not now about, and all knowledge, of which I know a bit, and some of that is wrong. The concept has all power, so anything that happens is beyond me. I can be just an observer of the goings on.

Note that this part is to dispose of stresses; the typical causes of stress can be grouped as;

  1. uncertainty 
  2. the lack of information
  3. the loss of control
  4. helplessness, it is beyond our control 
God, therefore, must embody all knowledge, of which each person carries some. The issue is finding the information, sorting the right from wrong, and not claiming the nonexistent cannot exist. We can only know, we cannot prove that which we do not know does not exist.

Of course control is really only influence, it is not absolute. It is impermanent, ever changing.

Gods people, (the ground crew) must be willing to admit that they do not know (this leaves out churches, and moors, etc.), and must be free and able to say no to any request.   

I have suffered loss of faith, loss of direction, and loss of passion. It is time to explore this as well. I have faith in myself, in my abilities, even thought these are reducing, in activities, in progress(even if the damn government hampers it), and that this will all end. Life is just a process. 

I have faith that I will die. That I must accept, and try to improve on that. Do what I can to live longer, and better, and pass on something to the next generation of the public. Do something before death or not: it does not matter. Few are remembered beyond the lives of those we touched. Live life with commitment, consistency, compassion, and responsibility for myself. Compassion for myself includes doing what is necessary for my own well-being, not folding to the desires and needs of others.

We must be free to express our emotions somewhere, else they fester and we become unhealthy. Look out world, you are about to get a dump of stuff. I must give up past unsatisfactory acts and future anxieties, and live in the present.     

Harper is a bastard for even thinking of cutting the starting age of old age security.  He has betrayed the people nearing retirement. The only hope is the Green. Run the prostitutes out of Ottawa.

No comments: