Wednesday, December 7, 2011

brain not functioning vs stupid mistake

We need vitamins and minerals for the brain to function well. We can still make stupid mistakes. I step in front of a compulsive/addict "in her pot". I do regret that. I am truly sorry for the misery I cause her. I also regret trying to suggest she was out to lunch. Oh well, shit happens. Lesson for me: avoid train wrecks running on their own tracks, let them wreck and stay out of the way. 

Reflecting on this, I often learn more from those who I do not agree with than those I agree with.

We need very little carbohydrate, adequate protein, and some essential fats. The remainder can come from either fat or carbohydrates. Dense carbohydrates come with cravings, insulin resistant, appetite stimulation, and quick hunger. When we do not get enough various minerals and vitamins, we get ragged many ways, our mind get off also.  I expect in time, we will find most "diseases of civilization" have nutrition displacement as some of the core issue.   Also expect that some of us have underlying physiological and social problems. Oh well, we all must play the hand we were dealt, in the time frame permitted. It is the first time through life for us all.

Good diet is a learned, both information and behavior. Social behavior, in fact all behaviors, information and the like is learned. We learn different things at different speeds. Some of us never or only late in life learn some things. Oh, well, that life as a human. What we actually learn from presented material, or situation can vary widely, and may not be the intended lesson. 


  

No comments: