Monday, October 24, 2011

The purpose of this blog

I do not have any clear limits on the purpose of this blog. The main purpose is to provide for myself and for others, if they wish to join in, a contact, other than meetings, at a time and location that is never closed, and can bring me up to date. We are open to the world, but lets keep this mainly OA and OA related.

I see OA, in a broad scene, as a group of people who are out to improve our lives in a spiritual way, but not religious way. Physical and emotional improvements occur as a result.

I personally like the blog format, rather than something like the loop. For group participation, all you need is a Google profile, and I can set you up as a poster. Anyone can comment. I thought I would start it and see where it leads.

Several of us have talked about starting a Thursday Night meeting in south east portion of Edmonton NW. How is that for direction confusion. Millwood-Beaumont, East of Calgary Trail, South of 51 Avenue more of less. That is what was on my mind, when I started this blog.

I have my personal blog, which there is a link to on this page. There are links there to much food, nutrition, lifestyle information, but it need to be separate from the OA stuff.

This blog can go anyway that we like. I do not know if there is interest in this format or not. I just hung it, sent out that one email, and we will watch it develop. You can use the comments for any questions or discussion of anything you would like to see.

Please add anything you think as far as what direction you think this blog should go, concerns, ideas, or whatever in the comments section.

No comments: