Friday, October 21, 2011

Now we need content

Food addiction is a chemical process of ill fit between our environment and our desires. After we know what food set us off, and make the decision to abstain from those foods, we face the difficulty of abstaining. We are driven to food by physical cravings, emotional feelings, and spiritual beliefs and values.

The program provides a means of changing our spiritual beliefs and values, one step at a time, to aid in overcoming the insanity of desiring to eat more after a full meal. I now know that there is a human philosophical process that causes the desire, yet, knowing that there is and being able to resist the process are two different matters. The program gives me the strength to know that much of the weight control information is not appropriated to food addicts, and the release to follow this simple program.

My definition of abstinence and my belief system are twisted together. I have created a priority system, depending on what that day holds. The first is for every day, and each of the higher levels are for days when there are possible.   For today, I will give up sugars,  grains, lubricants, and manufactured eatable products and see how I feel about it tomorrow. This provides an base level of abstinence, which is doable all the time.
Just for today I will give up low fat dairy, most legumes, nuts,  and cheese. This level of abstinence can be added where I am at home or away, and have good relationship with life, and those around me. This level forces glucose intake to be low enough to stabilize blood glucose, and the emotions become flat.
The third level, just for today, I will execise portion control over protein, friut, and starchy vegetables, and the fourth level, just for today, I will give up, friut, and starchy vegetables,  bring about varying amount of weight loss. The fourth level is to be applied only every second day.


After the first level, the lifestyle becomes some form of low carbohydrate. I have explored many forms, LoBAG, LCHF, Atkins, Paleo, and others. 


So how do you define your abstinence and your food program? Please note that if this blog is to be useful to anyone besides myself, your comments are required.    

No comments: